Shopify has become the first choice of most entrepreneurs because it serves as a one stop shop for everything that e-commerce can offer. Shopify is a powerful and convenient system to start off your online business in just a few steps. With Shopify, you have complete control as to how your online shop would look like with thousands of free themes you can download and use to make your shop as attractive as possible.
There are more than 50,000 online retailers that use the Shopify platform and some of the most notable Shopify users include Pixar, Evernote, Amnesty International, General Electric and Wikipedia. Shopify is a unified online platform with the following features to offer:
- Full and complete customization features
- Ability to add a sales channel and payment center in your shop
- Effective fulfillment of orders and shipment
- Tracking of sales and growth
- Reports generation to see how your business is doing
Shopify developers designed the online e-commerce software as a complete solution for people planning to open up and start an e-commerce business. There are various advantages as to why people should consider signing up for Shopify and making it your trusted e-commerce website. Here are just some of the benefits:
No need for website developer
With Shopify as your e-commerce business partner, you don’t need to be a wizard in coding and web development. This online e-commerce software has more than 100 designed themes that you can use to make your store vibrant and attractive.
Your business can grow with Shopify
If you’re still new to the online business, you can choose the starter kit package for your website. Shopify can help you accommodate as your business grows. They offer flexible packages that can cater to what your business needs.
Make shipping easy, breezy and simple
With Shopify, you can turn on the shipping feature. This feature is an important highlight in every online business because you bring your products right on the doorstep of your customers.
Customize your store with Apps
Shopify offers various apps that can go well with your Shopify store. You can add customer review and even install live chats to your store in just a few clicks.
How To Set Up Your Shopify Store
To start, you need to have an account with Shopify. To setup an account in Shopify, follow these steps:
- Go to Shopify website
- On the top right corner of the website, click on Get Started.
- Fill out the information to sign up and get your 14-day free trial.
- Congratulations! You have now successfully set-up your Shopify account.
Now that you have a Shopify account, you can start building your online store. To set up your Shopify store, follow these steps:
Set your online business name.
- From the Admin Dashboard, click on Settings.
- In the Store section, update or add your online business name.
- Click on Save.
- You have successfully set your online business name.
Set the theme of your Shopify store.
- Log into Shopify.
- Visit the Theme store
- Click on your chosen theme’s image or thumbnail.
- Click View Demo to preview the theme.
- Click Publish as my Shop’s theme.
- Congratulations! You have successfully set the theme for your Shopify store.
Add Products to your Shopify.
- Navigate to the left bar, and click on Products.
- Once you’re on Products page, click on Add Product located at the top right hand corner of the page.
- Fill out the form and add much detail as needed.
- Upload the image of the product.
- Click on Save Product.
- You have successfully added product on your Shopify store.
Setup the collections on your Shopify store.
Set the payment gateway.
The payment gateway allows you to take the payment from your customers on your Shopify store.
- On the sidebar menu, click on Payments.
- Set where to receive the payments.
- Click on Complete Shopify Payments Account Setup.
- You have successfully set the payment gateway for your Shopify store.
Set the taxes and shipping.
- Go to the Products page on your Admin dashboard.
- Select a product.
- Scroll down to Inventory & Variants.
- Click on Edit located next to Product Variant.
- Make sure to the boxes next to Charge Taxes and Requires Shipping are checked. This is only application if you plan to ship the product.
Set the domain.
- Go to the dashboard, and click on Add a Domain.
- Choose the domain you like or Register a new domain name.
- Check availability.
- Pay for your domain name, and you’re good to go.
Congratulations! Your Shopify store is now live and kicking. Have fun selling!
Enhance your Shopify Experience
Your Shopify store can open new opportunities for your online business. There are so many areas to explore that can help you to reach your goals and aid you in making your business grow. Here’s a list of things you can do with your Shopify store to maximize your profitability:
Shipping and Fulfillment
Your Shopify store can be your best friend and your partner in shipping and fulfillment. By offering this feature, your business can grow bit by bit because you bring the convenience to your clients. Furthermore, this can be an added profit to you because customer retention for e-commerce stores relies on shipping and fulfillment.
SEO and Search Engine Marketing
Your online store may appear on the top page of search results by using Shopify. Brand and style your business to achieve brand recognition and improve user interface. Create social media accounts to better reach and interact with your customers.
Shopify creates an auto-updated sitemap that you can use so that search bots can easily index and locate your products and content pages.
There are a lot of things that can help us achieve our dream in being our own boss and having our own business. Like in any traditional business, Shopify can be your gateway in reaching your customers with minimum investment needed. Shopify is a very useful software tool and application that helps you in your business.