Ever since its creation in 1988 by Thomas and John Knoll, Adobe Photoshop has been an extremely useful tool for graphic designers and layout artists who are looking for a powerful application to generate fantastic images. These days, the power of Photoshop is now made available through a lighter version called Adobe Photoshop Express.
What is Adobe Photoshop Express?
Adobe Photoshop Express is a free image editing web and mobile application that enables users to edit images using practically any kind of device (running on Windows, iOS, or Android). It uses some of the basic but powerful features of the native Photoshop program, but in a lighter app (and again, it’s free!).
The app interface recently got a whole design makeover after the last one back in 2014. The new interface was developed to match the increasing demand with regards to mobile photography along with today’s design standards.
Adobe Photoshop Express is essentially magic at your fingertips, with the following features:
- Enhance pictures with automatic fixes.
- Edit images using a wide array of filters (called “Looks”) such as Vivid, Glow, and Contrastpunch.
- Allows you to crop, straighten, rotate, adjust color, flip and remove red eye.
- Choose from various designs of borders and frames to add a finishing touch.
- Auto-fix feature allows single touch adjustment for contrast, exposure and white balance. Blemishes can be removed with just a single touch.
- Image Rendering Engine is responsible for improving performance and enables handling of larger files like panoramic photos.
- Share photos to various social networking sites like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Tumblr.
Adobe Photoshop Express currently supports the following file formats:
- Photo: JPG, PNG
- Raw files: arw (Sony), cr2 (Canon), dng erf (Epson), raf (Fuji), 3fr & fff (Hasselblad), dcr (Kodak), mrw (Konica), mos (Leaf), orf (Olympus), rw2 (Panasonic), pef (Pentax) and srw (Samsung).
List of Adobe Photoshop Express UI Updates
Regular Photoshop Express users would instantly distinguish the striking difference from the previous design based on the new interface of its editor screens, setting, share screens, image picker and splash screen.
Here are the UI updates that enhance the overall performance of Adobe Photoshop Express:
1. Enhanced Integration of Facebook and Google Sign-In
It is much easier to share your photos across different social networking platforms. You can sign into your Facebook or Google Account when logging into Adobe Photoshop Express.
2. Better Optimized for Tablets
3. New Handling Features for Android 6.0 Permissions
There is no need to root, install a custom ROM or switch to an iPhone to be able to use the app.
4. Save Images to Creative Cloud Libraries For Desktop Photoshop Editing
All edited photos using the Adobe Photoshop Express App are stored in a separate album, which can be easily accessed through the Photoshop Desktop Software for additional editing.
5. New Languages Added
Photoshop Express can now be enjoyed by more people across the globe. Additional languages were added, which has reached a total of 17 languages in all.
6. Ability to Crop Images in Facebook’s Cover Photo Dimensions
Some photos uploaded as cover photos on Facebook may not have the right resolution and dimension, resulting to a bad image. With Adobe Photoshop Express, you can upload a cover photo for your Facebook profile without having to worry about image quality, size, or orientation.
7. Redoing an Action within Photoshop
The user may revert an edited photo to its original form by using the Photoshop Software.
You don’t have to be a professional photographer to be able to produce awesome pictures. By simply using the Adobe Photoshop Express app, users can easily edit their photos to make it pop with vivid colors.